If water damage is not taken care of immediately, property owners will find excess water in their home that can cause electrical hazards, become costly, cause damage, it can even lead to hazardous mould growth causing health risks as well.
Water damage is a serious issue for property owners and is a very costly process to deal with. When water damage occurs in your home there are a variety of things you can do to start the restoration process. If you do not take care of the water damage right away you will find that mould and other hazards begin to become evident and this is when you should start to panic and call a professional!
2 simple steps to restoring your home after water damage:
- Make sure the electrical power is shut off
- Call a professional service (Steamatic)
The effects of water damage are harmful but they are decreased by prompt and effective intervention within the first 24 hours. Cleanup and restoration can produce amazing results, with Steamatic water restoration services you can restore and revitalize your home, and any personal items that may have been damaged by the water.
How to spot water damage:
- Feel for soft spots on the floor (around bathtub and other wet areas)
- Look for rust (rust can lead to leaks)
- Warped or cracked flooring (walk carefully long hardwood and tile, look for gradual rises under your carpets)
- Check for discolored water coming from your taps
- Check your home drainage system
- Inspect the roof (missing shingles, pools of water, wind damage could cause leaks)
Steamatic professionals will have your home looking and feeling brand new again, as well restoration services will save you money in the future and you can live in your home safely and comfortably. Call us at 1 888 767 7616 or visit us online to book an appointment today!